24 March 2010

48 Hour Film Fest Success!

It has been a long time since I updated. Let's just blame that on school. Yeah seems like a good scape goat.

Things I haven't posted on my blog that I probably should have by now:

Last Sunday, March 21, the Second Annual 48 Hour Film Festival had it's awards Gala. There was a great turn out to support local film talent. Adam Pozer, Christina Arsenault and I decided that we would submit a film this year to have some fun and put off class work. We took on Mackenzie Gordon and Michael Holmes-Lauder and ended up submitting a film called El Lucha Diablo Loco, a comedy about an evil genius hires a film crew to follow him around while he searches for meaning in his life and an understanding about his estranged father.


More on the Gala::::::

The night started out with some thank yous, and got into the awards quickly. After the first round of awards went through without hearing anything about our submission, it was time to watch the third place film before the first intermission. When I heard the guitar strum and the words "Buenos Dias, Bitches" I couldn't believe it. There were so many great entries there was no way I could have predicted placing third. But there were more surprises to come.

Once I got back in from an intermission, the first award up was Best Editor, which I was sure was going to Risk Locker. Imagine my surprise when I heard my name called. I gracefully messed up my thank you speech by quickly thanking everyone twice and heading back to my seat. (It was a shared win where Christina Arsenault and I edited the piece together.)

Three awards and an intermission later, our actor, Michael Holmes-Lauder took home Best Actor - Congratulations to him! - So all in all, El Lucha Diablo loco took home three awards, the highest count of the night, and I am still speechless. If anyone else involved in the festival ends up reading this, congratulations on putting together some great films.

Without further ado, here is our submission, El Lucha Diablo Loco:::::::

No comments:

Post a Comment