06 October 2009

A Sunday Push

I recently finished a school project that required me to make a moving multimedia piece based on my influences from a piece of Jazz music and a painting.

The painting I chose was Marcel Duchamp's Nude Descending Staircase No. 2. The painting is a cubist/futurist piece of a woman descending a staircase and essentially houses multiple frames on one canvas. As you can tell, it's a rather monochromatic piece, so I decided to make my piece as colorful as possible.

The Jazz piece I used was performed by Eric Lewis at TEDTalks in March, 2009 and can be viewed here. His originality during his cover of Going Under - Evenescance was unique to say the least, but perked my interest in his choice of music to play at such a presigious event as TEDTalks. After finding out about his past, combined with the story I got from his performance, I decided to make a care-free skateboard video.

Here it is:



Thanks to Kyle Albright for helping out. You can check out Kyles blog at http://timetoburnagain.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment